Help Desk Specialist
Blade Technologies is looking for a competent Help Desk Technician for an entry level position to provide fast and useful technical assistance. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
An excellent Help desk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk.
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software.
- Document internal procedures.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of relevant technical experience
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent