There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all IT solution, so it is important that your law firm’s specific needs are being addressed when choosing a legal IT services partner. In today’s digital environment, many of your clients prefer and even expect, to utilize technology to interact with you.
Here are 5 important things to consider when choosing an IT services partner for your law firm:
1. Managed IT Services: To ensure that all facets of your legal IT services are being adequately met, you will want to choose a partner that can manage your entire IT infrastructure–including not just your computer server and network, but also things like your phone system, secure document sharing tools, and video conferencing.
2. Cybersecurity: Privacy protection is important for any industry, but is particularly so for the legal field. The highly personal and sensitive nature of the information being shared, coupled with the necessity of confidentiality, requires that your law firm have an IT partner who emphasizes security across all aspects of your IT infrastructure.
3. Document Management: As noted above, your clients increasingly wish to provide important documents via electronic methods. Look for a legal IT services provider that can assist with secure email, direct document uploads, and digital signature & authorizations. Your IT partner can create an easy-to-use document sharing environment for you and your clients that is also highly secure, providing peace of mind for all concerned parties.
4. Disaster Recovery: You will want to make sure that your law firm has a comprehensive disaster recovery plan in place, in case of any downtime or data loss due to server failure, malware infiltration of your network, ISP connectivity, or hardware crash.
5. Partnership: Perhaps the most important consideration in your search for a legal IT services partner is exactly that–finding a true partner who will work with you to provide the best system for your firm’s needs. Your IT partner should help you consider all options to provide your law firm, and your clients, the optimal mix of performance, speed, security, ease-of-use, and reliability–all while keeping an eye on your bottom-line costs.
Contact Blade Technologies to learn how we can help with your legal IT services.